2018 JUDGING AND PRESENTATION DATES
Entries Close – Friday 24th August 2018
Entry Fees – $5 per entry
Judging – 1st & 2nd September 2018 at the German Club (223 Flinders St, Adelaide) RUN & WON
Presentation – Sunday 9th September at the Wheatsheaf Hotel at 12:30pm
If you are interested in being a judge, a steward or just generally helping the competition then please contact us at email@example.com
2018 SABSOSA competition entry form
SABSOSA is using the Brew Competition Online Entry & Management System that was first used in 2017. Past entrants will need to set up a new account.
The entry portal located at www.sabsosa.com/bc
Let us know via the registration page if you are able to judge or be a steward.
2018 entry drop off points:
Beerbelly Brewing Equipment – Contact Wayne or Amanda @ 3/95 Research Rd, Pooraka SA 5095, ph (08) 7230 0258
The Country Brewer – Clovelly Park – Contact Aaron or Milly @ 8/1240 – 1242 South Rd Clovelly Park, ph (08) 8177 1110
Brewmaker Home Brewing – Contact Bill McBride @ 560 North East Rd, Holden Hill, ph (08) 8369 3649
Rehn Bier Cellar Door – 23 Magnolia St, Tanunda, South Australia (check http://www.rehnbier.com.au for opening times)
Left Barrel Brewing Cellar Door – 2E / 37 Onkaparinga Valley Road, Balhannah SA 5242 (check https://www.leftbarrel.com for opening times)
Conditions of Entry – Please Read
SABSOSA is open to all interested Amateur Brewers who are residents of S.A. or N.T.
1. All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
2. Maximum of two entries per category – within this limit only one entry per style
3. One entry label per clean bottle (no commercial beer labels please).
4. Entry fee $5.00. If you are not paying by PayPal then cash is to be in an envelope attached to bottle, or with EFT receipt if applicable. (EFT details: Account Name – SABSOSA, BSB 805 050, Account # 2333345)
5. Bottle preferred shall be 750mL. Beer bottle. Min 500 ml is OK, or two 375mL will be accepted. No Champagne bottles please. Bottles will not be returned to entrants. (Note: 2018 will be the final year that two 375mL will be accepted. Please use a minimum of 500mL bottles for your future competition bottles.)
6. Judging Beer Guidelines, as used nationally, can be found on either sabsosa.com or aabc.org.au
7. The competition organisers are not responsible for mis-categorized entries, mailed entries that are not received by the entry deadline, or entries that arrived damaged.
8. Exhibitors shall be bound by the Judges and Conveners decisions and no dispute shall be entered into.
9. Organisers will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to any entry, entry form, or fee, etc.
10. Prizes awarded for best 3 beers in each category are invited to contend in the Australian Amateur Brewing Championships
11. Quality judging of all entries is the primary goal of our event. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry in its category.
It is understood that Entrants will have read and accepted the current Conditions of Entry and schedule of Categories & Beer Styles – and shall be bound by these conditions.
Please contact SABSOSA at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries you may have.