The 2017 full results list is available from the “Results” page.
You can download your individual judging sheets by logging into your profile at the online entry management page (www.sabsosa.com/bc). Please download and save your judging sheets so you will have them in the future.
2017 JUDGING AND PRESENTATION DATES
Entries Close – Friday 25th August 2017 – Entries closed
Entry Fees – $5 per entry
Judging – 9th & 10th September 2017 (a.m. judging sessions) at the Holdfast Bay Bowls & Croquet Club – Thank you to all our judges, stewards and scorers who came over the two days.
Presentation – Sunday 17th September 2017 at 12:30pm at The Wheatsheaf Hotel – thank you to everyone who came along on the day.
If you are interested in being a judge, a steward or just generally helping the competition then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 SABSOSA competition entry form
This year SABSOSA is using the Brew Competition Online Entry & Management System that the South Australian Brewing Club (SABC) has used. The systems are separate so you will need to login and create a new account.
Go to www.sabsosa.com/bc to set up an account and begin entering your beers. The program will create a label that needs to be printed and attached to each entry with a rubber band.
SABSOSA Entry Drop Off Points
Drop off points for this year are at:
Beerbelly Brewing Equipment – Contact Wayne or Amanda @ 3/95 Research Rd, Pooraka SA 5095, ph (08) 7230 0258 – note new location and phone number
Brewmaker Home Brewing – Contact Bill McBride @ 560 North East Rd, Holden Hill, ph (08) 8369 3649
The Country Brewer – Clovelly Park – Contact Aaron or Milly @ 8/1240 – 1242 South Rd Clovelly Park, ph (08) 8177 1110
Hills brewers – SABSOSA has a committee member located in Mount Barker. Contact email@example.com to arrange a drop off time
SABSOSA Committee – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to get to one of our drop off points to arrange a drop off time and location
Conditions of Entry – Please Read
SABSOSA is open to all interested Amateur Brewers who are residents of S.A. or N.T.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
- Maximum of two entries per category – within this limit only one entry per style
- One entry label per clean bottle (no commercial beer labels please).
- Entry fee $5.00. If you are not paying by PayPal then cash is to be in an envelope attached to bottle, or with EFT receipt if applicable. Cheques made payable to SABSOSA.
- Bottle preferred shall be 750mL. Beer bottle. Min 500 ml is OK, or two 375mL will be accepted. No Champagne bottles please. Bottles will not be returned to entrants.
- Judging Beer Guidelines, as used nationally, can be found on either sabsosa.com or aabc.org.au
- The competition organisers are not responsible for mis-categorized entries, mailed entries that are not received by the entry deadline, or entries that arrived damaged.
- Exhibitors shall be bound by the Judges and Conveners decisions and no dispute shall be entered into.
- Organisers will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to any entry, entry form, or fee, etc.
- Prizes awarded for best 3 beers in each category are invited to contend in the Australian Amateur Brewing Championships
- Quality judging of all entries is the primary goal of our event. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry in its category.
It is understood that Entrants will have read and accepted the current Conditions of Entry and schedule of Categories & Beer Styles – and shall be bound by these conditions.
Please contact SABSOSA at email@example.com for any queries you may have.